The purpose of this policy is to set out how Perth Web Hosting manages any information it collects from web site visitors, customers and suppliers.
As a business who has chosen to “opt-in” (refer to http://www.privacy.gov.au/business/small/opting/register#v) to the Privacy Act, we have made a public commitment to maintain good privacy practice by following the National Privacy Principles set out by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
In summary, it is our policy to:
- Only collect as much information as is required to provide you with a service and meet our legal obligations;
- Store all collected information in a secure location;
- Encrypt all sensitive information such as passwords and credit card numbers using best-practice encryption methods;
- Provide access to the information by the owner as requested, or to a third party (such as law enforcement agencies) as it is required to do so by law;
- Provide the owner with the tools to add, edit or remove the information we have collected;
- Ensure all staff are engaged in binding agreements that protects the privacy of the information we collect;
- Protect all transactions to and from our website(s) that transmit sensitive information using a minimum 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate;
- Protect all data to and from our internal systems to and from our staff by secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection;
- Never sell or trade any information that has been collected without notifying the owner and allowing them to add, edit or remove the information we have collected.
In addition, when a domain name is registered by a customer, certain information is collected for use on the WHOIS service. The WHOIS service allows internet users to query a domain name to find out the identity and contact details of the registrant (the owner). The public WHOIS service is a standard feature of domain name service providers around the world.
In relation to .au domain names, please see auDA’s WHOIS policy at http://www.auda.org.au/whois-policy/ which sets out auDA’s guidelines on the collection, disclosure and use of WHOIS data.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding our collection or use of your information and privacy, please contact our management team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org